HHS, the Cohen Foundation, and Luminary Labs may collect personal information about site visitors in order to conduct the challenge. We will not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you choose to register for the challenge or sign up for the challenge newsletter. We do not give, share, sell, or transfer any personally identifiable information to a third party.
You will be asked to provide personally identifiable information (such as your name, email address, phone number, and professional affiliations) when creating a submission to the challenge. To enter the challenge, you will also be required to submit non-personally identifiable information including, but not limited to, the name of your submission, description of your submission, images representing your submission, and answers to specific questions posed on the submission form. All submitted information is used only for the expressed purposes for which it is intended and is not made available to any third party.
If, during your visit, you only browse through the website, read pages, or download information, our website’s operating system will automatically record some general information about your visit.
During your visit, web services will record information that may include but is not limited to:
- The internet domain for your internet service (such as “example.com” or “example.net”)
- The type of browser that you are using (such as “Chrome version X” or “Internet Explorer version X”)
- The type of operating system that you are using (such as Macintosh, Unix, or Windows)
- The date and time you visit our site, and your activity on the site
- The address of the previous website you were visiting, if you arrived at our site via a link from another website
- The city, state, and or country you are browsing from
We use this information for statistical analysis, to help us make our site more useful to visitors. This tracking system does not record information about individuals.